Saturday, February 26, 2005

Minority report

Virgilio has been visiting the department for a few weeks, and he's off back to Valencia tomorrow. Last night we went out for a curry. There were 14 people there, and I was the only one from the UK. There were a few greeks, some italians, a couple of tres elegante Francaises, one portuguese and a slovenian. And me!

Most of these people spoke one other language as well as their native language and English, so half the time the greeks were talking to the spanish in spanish, or the french were talking to the slovenian in italian. I didn't dare see if anyone would understand my flakey russian!

After the curry, it was off to someone's house for a party - again I was the only brit there, the others being more spanish and a couple of germans and one non-spanish spanish guy - from the Basque country!

I wandered home at 2:30am.

No comments: