Monday, February 14, 2005

Weird weekend

So this weekend its Chris and Elizabeth's wedding. Firstly, I realise there's three of my ex-girlfriends/romantic entanglements at the wedding reception. Walking home yesterday I think 'wouldnt it be nice to hear from Jenny, to make the numbers up to four', and then there's one message on the machine. Its her. So I call back and we chat. So then I'm thinking, 'wouldnt it be nice to get an email from Julii? I've not heard from her in months'. Check email. There it is. Asking me a statistical question at 9:30pm on a Sunday night. So now I'm thinking that's every girl I've been involved with since 1993. Oh no, hang on, one more I'd forgotten about. Check email. Un-be-lievable. I've not heard from her for eight months, maybe had three contacts from her in the past seven years. She's dropped a quick note to say hi.

So over the weekend I collected the entire set of ex-girlfriends/romantic entanglements from 1993 to present day... It was like an episode of the X Files. Or maybe the Ex-files?

No comments: