Wednesday, February 16, 2005

bad dreams

Aaaargh! I've been shot! In the leg! Through the shin. There's blood everywhere. A medic. Looking for an entry wound. Ripping my trouser leg off. Blood. As the trouser leg is torn upwards from my boots, we get to the hole in my leg, red and ragged. Right in the shin.

I wake up and check my leg for bulletholes. Or insect bites. Or something. Nothing.

A train station. A sense of panic. Something terrible has happened. I'll call an ambulance. Get the phone. Call emergency. But then someone tells me there's no rush. No point. She's dead. No. Disbelief. Cant be. I call the police. She's been murdered. I realise I should have called the railway police, who are there behind me, and not the regular police, who take a while arriving. Meanwhile, I just stand there, stunned. They arrive, and then discover the murderer, dead, further down the station platform.

I wake up and convince myself she's still alive. She's still alive. She's still alive.

No comments: